When I first heard the question can you microwave English muffins, I was skeptical! Everyone always discusses how to properly toast them, but can they really be microwaved, too?
After doing a bit of research and testing on my own, I have found that it’s true! And while it won’t come out crisp and golden like a toaster can, microwaving your English muffin can still lead to delicious results that can make you breakfast experience even easier.
All you have to do is carefully drop half an English muffin into the middle of the microwave plate, press start and put it on high for around 30 seconds. You can add butter and jam afterwards but no matter what toppings you use, you’ll have a mighty tasty English muffin.
Can You Microwave English Muffins?
Yes, you can microwave English muffins and it doesn’t take long at all! Just know that they won’t be crispy as if you’d use an oven or toaster, unless you use a microwave crisper.
It doesn’t take long at all to microwave an English muffin, at most 30 seconds on high.
How to Microwave English Muffins Step by Step
If you’re in a hurry and want to enjoy a quick breakfast, microwaving an English muffin can be a great option. Here’s how you can do it step by step and still get it toasty brown:
- Split the English muffin in half using a fork or a knife.
- Place the two halves on a microwave-safe plate, with the cut side facing up.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Check the muffin to see if it’s toasted enough for your liking. If not, microwave for another 10-15 seconds until it reaches your desired level of toastiness.
- Remove from the microwave and let cool for a few seconds before adding any toppings.
While microwaving an English muffin may not give you the same level of crispiness as toasting it in an oven or toaster, this method is quick and easy, making it perfect for busy mornings.
How to Microwave Crispy English Muffins
English muffins are a delicious breakfast staple, but sometimes you don’t have access to a toaster or want to use the oven. Luckily, you can microwave English muffins and still achieve a crispy texture by using a microwave crisper. Here’s how:
- English muffin
- Butter or cooking spray
- Microwave Crisper
- Preheat the microwave crisper by heating it up in the microwave on high for one minute. This will heat it up.
- Split the English muffin in half and lightly butter or spray each half.
- Place the muffin halves on the microwave crisper tray.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Flip the muffin halves over and microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
By using a microwave crisper, you can achieve a crispy texture that is similar to toasting without having to use a toaster or oven. Enjoy your crispy English muffins with your favorite toppings like butter, jam, or eggs.
How Long Do You Microwave an English Muffin?
Microwaving a store-bought English muffin is a quick and easy way to enjoy it for breakfast or as a snack. The cooking time will depend on the wattage of your microwave and the size of the muffin, but in general, it should take between 20-30 seconds.
Here are some steps you can follow:
- Slice the English muffin in half horizontally.
- Place the two halves on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave on high power for about 20-30 seconds. Check after 15 seconds to see if it’s heated through to your liking.
- Carefully remove from the microwave (it may be hot!) and serve with butter, jam, or any other toppings you like.
It’s important to note that microwaves vary in power, so you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Start with a shorter time and increase incrementally until you find the sweet spot for your particular microwave.