Are you looking for an easy way to reheat sweet potatoes without compromising taste or quality? Look no further than your microwave! In just a few short steps, you can have perfectly reheated sweet potatoes in no time. Follow these simple tips and tricks to make sure your sweet potatoes come out tasting great every time.
Here’s a quick rundown on how to reheat sweet potatoes in the microwave!
- Baked Sweet Potato. To make a baked sweet potato in the microwave, take a fork and poke some holes in the top. Microwave on high heat in 2 minute intervals. Stick a fork in the potato to test for softness.
- Sweet Potato Fries. Cut your sweet potato into desired portion size. Place on a microwave crisper and heat on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes. For reheating, add a tablespoon of milk to the mashed potatoes and stir. Microwave on medium heat in one-minute intervals.
Regardless of what sweet potatoes you want to reheat in the microwave, the USDA recommends that all food that has previously been cooked and then cooled, be heated to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit before consuming.
Keep reading to get a more in depth look on how to reheat sweet potatoes!
How to Reheat a Baked Sweet Potato in the Microwave
Reheating a cooked baked sweet potato in the microwave can be tricky; you want to make sure it doesn’t end up mushy or dried out. Have no fear – with just a few simple steps and some patience, you can revive your baked sweet potato with excellent flavor and texture.
The key here is to not just blindly press start on the microwave. Careful attention needs to be paid in order to get those old potatoes tasting like you just bought them fresh from the market. Get ready for some deliciousness!
Step by Step guide on reheating baked sweet potatoes in the microwave
- Step 1: With a fork, poke a few holes in the top for juices to escape.
- Step 2: Wrap the sweet potato with a damp paper towel so it doesn’t dry out. Place in a microwave safe dish.
- Step 3: On high heat, microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Step 4: Stick fork in the top to test for tenderness. If you like softer sweet potatoes like myself, wait until the fork can go all the way through easily. If you like harder sweet potatoes, you will be able to feel the fork going through with a little resistance.
- Step 5: Take a kitchen thermometer and measure the internal temperature. If it has reached 165 degrees, you are good to go!
How to Reheat Mashed Sweet Potatoes in the Microwave
Reheating mashed sweet potato in the microwave is an easy way to enjoy this savory side dish with minimal effort. All it takes is a few simple steps.
- Step 1: Start by adding butter a tablespoon of milk in the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Step 2: Place potatoes in a microwave safe dish if you haven’t already. I have found that glass works best.
- Step 3: Put the dish in the microwave and heat it on high for approximately 2 minutes, or until it’s warmed through.
- Step 4: To ensure your mashed sweet potatoes stay extra creamy, pull them out of the microwave and stir every 30 seconds during cooking.
Following these tips will help you temper any worries about compromising taste and quality—in just minutes you can enjoy all the deliciousness of freshly cooked mashed sweet potatoes without all the fuss!
How to Microwave Sweet Potato Fries in the Microwave
Sweet potato fries are a delicious, easy-to-make side dish that pairs well with many foods. Unfortunately, reheating them in the microwave can result in an unappetizing, soggy mess. The trick to getting crispy and tasty sweet potato fries out of the microwave is knowing what settings to use! The key is using a low power setting – no more than 60% of the maximum power – and heating them for short bursts rather than a long, continuous cooking time. With just a few minutes’ attention when reheating your sweet potato fries in the microwave, you can enjoy crunchy goodness that tastes like it was just made!
Step by Step guide on reheating sweet potato fries in the microwave
- Step 1: Place your sweet potato fries on a microwave crisper, like this one.
- Step 2: Use a medium high heat on the microwave.
- Step 3: Heat in short intervals, such as 30 seconds. Turn fries over to get both sides.
- Step 4: When the fries reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, they are ready to eat!